Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wisdom tooth extraction

Finally, I scheduled for an appointment to extract my last wisdom tooth. I had 3 wisdom teeth extracted in Thailand about 7 years ago. At that time, the dentist did not extract the last one because it might collapse my lower teeth. He suggested me to see an orthodontist first. However, there was a cavity on that wisdom tooth, so the dentist put the filling on it.

Last Monday I went to a dental office for an oral examination and regular cleaning. She told me that the silver filling I have on the wisdom tooth is too old and suggested me to get it removed with another doctor.

The remaining wisdom tooth will be extracted here in the US on Apr 13, 2009. I declined to use sedation because I hate the side effect after the sedation. I hope it will be a "not so painful" experience. I also plan to get blaces for my lower teeth after the extraction. This is also to ensure that my lower teeth won't somehow be collapsed. I plan to go with invisalign.
blog comments powered by Disqus