Thursday, February 19, 2009

Phi Phi Island Part 2 and Karen (or Kariang)’s village in Chiang Mai

There are a lot of nice pictures and videos on the third day. However, I lost that CD, so I will have to ask my dad to bring me the CD when we meet in UK on April 1st, 2009. In the mean time, please enjoy some pictures that I still have for the third day. 

After the trip to Phi Phi Island, we visited my grandma in Lampang province. Before we went to Lampang, we have to fly to Chiang Mai first since there is no direct flight to Lampang (in fact, I believe there is no airport in Lampang. Anybody can confirm this?) After visiting my grandma, we did some shopping in Chiang Mai and visited Karen (or Kariang)’s village in Chiang Mai.  Enjoy the pictures!

Third day we went a little bit far away from our Phi Phi Island.

Our boat is pretty big.  It has 2 floors and 2 restrooms.  Very spacious.

but it also produces a good amount of pollution.

General atmosphere.

Although there was some cloud, I still got sunburn really bad.

Karen's village

One of the villagers.  Only girls have to wear those rings on their necks.

Another Karen's villager

She was working but kind enough to let me snap a picture.

ok, my sis also wanted a picture with her.

Sis, bro and me!

This thing looks kool, and it is in front of the village entrance.  I know the name in Thai but have no idea how to call it in English.
blog comments powered by Disqus